Wednesday, July 30, 2008

long lost Khisas

So much has happened that I will get into the details at a later date. The crux of the story is that Toby and I traveled to Canada in April for a holiday, with Anthony planning to join us for a month or so in May...meanwhile, we decided to stay!! This decision was primarily a result of several factors; notably, a) discovering I was pregnant so therefore b) not being able to follow the work into Sudan, and then c) being beaten up & thrown in jail by the Kenyan police while a) pregnant. I just could not go back... with Toby & #2 on the way, I think I've had enough of insecurity, thank you! We scrambled and got Leah & Gigi in boarding school in Kitale (Anthony's hometown) till AK's a permanent resident.

The rest all fell into place (with a bit of shoving on my part ;-)....

- got beautiful flat in Halifax near the Hydrostones
- got a snappy cherry red VW Jetta TDI
- got a cool job at Concertia.com with lots of familiar faces

We are due on or around Oct 19, and it's a boy! AK's here at least until then - everyone's fingers must be crossed that he can stay in our wonderfully safe country with us for a long long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment