Thursday, October 25, 2007

speaking lots

When I got back from Sudan last time (after 2.5 long weeks), Toby sounded more like a little boy - he's got tonnes of new words, and can finally say La (Leah), Mon-KA (Monica), Modi (Modesta) now. He combines a few words (like Mum-juice-baby, or door-ope), tries to take off his own shirt and put on his own or my shoes, intermittently pees in the potty (we won't dwell on the poop in the bathtub), and runs & jumps really fast. He shocked me by repeatedly somersaulting on the bed as well!

I'm back in Sudan now - in the peaceful green heaven of Yei - and have been talking to him every day on the phone. The conversation generally consists of "Hi Mum Hewwo Mum Hi Mum Hi Mum Baba Mum Hi Mum Hewwo Mum" but it's music to my ears!!

he's 18 months today.. unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment